The Associate of Science in Business Administration provides a groundwork upon which a student may build a four-year degree in various business-related majors. The program establishes foundational business knowledge, skills, and abilities for increased marketability applicable to a variety of business-related occupations. The general education component of the program focuses on course goals that include highly sought-after skills in communication, reasoning, respect for diversity, and professionalism. Students should select courses that fulfill requirements within their planned four-year field of study.
An Affordable Business Administration Degree in Pa.
General Education Goals
In alignment with the general education goals of the college, upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Accurately and appropriately use verbal and written language to explain, discuss, facilitate, and comprehend the exchange of relevant knowledge, which includes information technology, critical thinking, and information literacy.
- Employ a range of approaches for analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving that include the ability to express informed opinions about artistic works, fluently and accurately use computational methods and mathematical reasoning to solve problems and analyze data, and apply scientific approaches to explain physical phenomena.
- Express an appreciation of multiculturalism, promotion of a culture of respect for others, and recognition of different ideas or opinions.
- Exhibit adherence to principles of ethical behavior and organizational codes of conduct, the exercise of good judgment, and the assumption of personal responsibility for one’s actions and choices.
Business Administration Program Goals
At the conclusion of this program, students will successfully be able to:
- Use digital technology, business application software, and technology-mediated collaboration tools to complete tasks;
- Develop foundational knowledge of a variety of business models and apply business model appropriately in decision-making situations;
- Perform effectively in a team environment by applying business theories, concepts, and practices with sensitivity to diversity; and
- Apply ethical reasoning to business situations through the demonstration of knowledge pertaining to how business behavior and policies impact society or the individual.
What can I do with a Business Administration degree in Pa?
A business administration associate degree prepares students for transfer into a baccalaureate program in a variety of business-related majors. In addition, a business administration degree in PA qualifies graduates for basic management and administrative roles in private, public, and nonprofit organizations. Graduates also find employment in supervisory roles in the service or retail industries, while others work as project assistants or technology-oriented support specialists.