The Associate of Science in Business Administration provides a foundation of first and second-year coursework upon which a student may build a four-year degree in various business-related majors. The program also establishes foundational business knowledge, skills, and abilities for increased marketability applicable to a variety of business-related occupations. The general education component of the program focuses on course goals that include highly sought-after skills in communication, reasoning, respect for diversity, and professionalism. Students seeking transfer into a baccalaureate business program should select courses that fulfill requirements within their planned four-year major field of study as identified by the college or university to which they plan to transfer. Students who seek to enter directly into a business-related career upon graduation should select courses based upon their career goals in consultation with their academic advisor.
An Affordable Business Administration Associate Degree in Pa.
General Education Goals
In alignment with the general education goals of the college, upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Accurately and appropriately use verbal and written language to explain, discuss, facilitate, and comprehend the exchange of relevant knowledge, which includes information technology, critical thinking, and information literacy.
- Employ a range of approaches for analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving that includes the ability to express informed opinions about artistic works, fluently and accurately use computational methods and mathematical reasoning to solve problems and analyze data, and apply scientific approaches to explain physical phenomena.
- Express an appreciation of multiculturalism, promotion of a culture of respect for others, and recognition of differing ideas or opinions.
- Exhibit adherence to principles of ethical behavior and organizational codes of conduct, the exercise of good judgement, and the assumption of personal responsibility for one’s actions and choices.
Business Administration Program Goals
At the conclusion of this program, students will successfully be able to:
- Use digital technology, business application software, and technology-mediated collaboration tools to complete tasks.
- Identify problems, explore and prioritize potential methods of constructing solutions, construct solutions and evaluate their veracity, and revise priorities as a means for purposeful action.
- Develop a foundational knowledge of a variety of business models and apply business models appropriately in decision-making situations.
- Perform effectively in a team environment by applying organizational theory and concepts to produce collaborative projects.
- Apply ethical reasoning to business situations through the demonstration of knowledge pertaining to how business behavior and policies impact society or the individual.
- Demonstrate self-awareness with respect to management style, time management, and sensitivity to workplace diversity.
What can I do with an associate degree in business administration in Pennsylvania?
A business administration associate degree prepares students for transfer into a baccalaureate program in a variety of business-related majors. In addition, an associate degree in business administration qualifies graduates for basic management and administrative roles in private, public, and nonprofit organizations. Graduates also find employment in supervisory roles in the service or retail industries, while others work as project assistants or technology-oriented support specialists.