Prior Learning Credit
Prior learning credit is another means through which students can receive credit for college-level knowledge that has been gained or achieved outside of the classroom. This knowledge may have been gained through military activities, acquirement of an industry credential, or completion of academic assessments that evaluate this level of knowledge.
Students who wish to seek a degree at NPRC may be eligible to apply for prior learning credit. Prior learning credit may be awarded for the following:
- Achievement of an established minimum score on certain nationally recognized exams, such as an Advanced Placement Exam (AP), DSST credit-by-exam through the United States Department of Defense’s Defense Activity of Non-traditional Education Support, International Baccalaureate Program (IB), or College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- An active industry credential or licensure
- Military training through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) or Joint Services Transcript
- A challenge exam
NPRC’s Prior Learning Credit Agreements
- Bradford Area School District
- Corry Area School District
- Erie County Technical School
- Seneca Highlands Career and Technical Center, Seneca Highlands IU9
Evaluation of some prior learning credit opportunities requires advance payment of a non-refundable processing fee. For more information on how to apply for prior learning credit, contact an advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.