The Associate of Applied Science in Applied Technology with a specialization in Industrial Maintenance Technology provides students with highly sought-after knowledge, skills, and abilities for entrance or advancement in the advanced manufacturing environment. The program emphasizes the importance of effective communication, positive work ethic, and quality assurance and testing, in addition to developing technical skills applicable to a variety of industries. It is mechatronics-based, including courses in programmable logic control and robotics, hydraulics and pneumatics, high voltage industrial systems, and safety. Industrial Maintenance Technology specialization courses provide students with a competitive edge when pursuing careers in fields such as industrial maintenance, telecommunications, automation, biotechnology, injection molding applications, and other regional manufacturing environments.
Applied Technology Courses in Pa. | Robotics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, & More
General Education Goals
In alignment with the general education goals of the college, upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Accurately and appropriately use verbal and written language to explain, discuss, facilitate, and comprehend the exchange of relevant knowledge, which includes information technology, critical thinking, and information literacy.
- Employ a range of approaches for analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving that includes the ability to express informed opinions about artistic works, fluently and accurately use computational methods and mathematical reasoning to solve problems and analyze data, and apply scientific approaches to explain physical phenomena.
- Express an appreciation of multiculturalism, promotion of a culture of respect for others, and recognition of different ideas or opinions.
- Exhibit adherence to principles of ethical behavior and organizational codes of conduct, the exercise of good judgment, and the assumption of personal responsibility for one’s actions and choices.
Applied Technology Program-Specific Goals
At the conclusion of this program, students will successfully be able to:
- Use testing and measuring instruments to acquire data and analyze technical problems;
- Design an industrial system or process and assess its effectiveness;
- Implement systems containing hardware and software components;
- Identify technical problems, explore and prioritize potential solutions, construct solutions and evaluate their veracity, and take purposeful action to execute an effective solution;
- Demonstrate adherence to quality assurance standards; and
- Demonstrate knowledge of an ability to apply safety standards, processes, and practices employed within industrial settings.
What can you do with a focus in Industrial Maintenance Technology?
An Associate of Applied Science in Applied Technology prepares students to work in a variety of fields in advanced manufacturing environments. The Industrial Maintenance Technology specialization prepares students for work in powder metal, automation, biotechnology, injection molding applications, and other regional manufacturing environments.